Woodland Activity Leaders Training (WALT)
Nationally recognised Woodland Activity Leaders Training (WALT)
Wild Things! is once again delivering an NCFE Level 2 programme at The Ecology Centre this summer. The course is designed to enhance skills to allow the participant to lead groups in a woodland environment, and provide the learning and knowledge to become a Woodland Activity Leader.
Sudents will learn the legal roles and requirements of safely leading groups of both adults and children in a woodland environment, in addition to:
- Practical bushcraft skills, including fire lighting, knife craft, knots and shelter building
- Conservation activities and the leave no trace philosophy
- Naturalist skills, including plant identification, and animal tracks and signs
- How to safely and sustainably forage and prepare wild food
- Discovering new activities and games to create inspiring, engaging sessions
- Creation of appropriate session plans
- The confidence required to lead groups in a woodland environment
- Understanding the dynamic risk assessment requirements for leading woodland activity sessions
The course consists of 45 guided learning hours—a four day block of teaching followed by two days of assessments. A limited number of EarlyBird places are available on WALT courses, with a 10% Discount, until the end of January. This is on a first-come first-served basis. Further information and booking details can be found on the Wild Things website
Camping is available on site for the duration of the course. We can offer picturesque pitches by the lochside with access to WIFI, study areas, kitchen, shower and toilets. Camping costs £15 per night. Please call The Ecology Centre directly to discuss on 01592 891567 or send us an email.